Polenta Galettes with Reblochon and Bayonne ham
- 100g Reblochon + a few additional slices for presentation
- 60g butter
- 160g cornmeal
- 600ml milk
- 4 slices of Bayonne ham
- Salt, pepper
- Remove the fat and coarsely chop the slices of Bayonne ham.
- Finely chop the Reblochon.
- Bring the milk to boil in a saucepan. Add the cornmeal in a stream, salt, pepper and leave to cook over low heat, stirring with a spatula, for 10 mins. The polenta should remain creamy.
- Remove from the heat and add the pieces of ham, Reblochon and 40g of butter in pieces. Mix together.
- Spread the polenta out over a tray or large wooden board, smooth it down with the back of a spoon and cut out galettes using a pastry cutter or an upside down glass.
- Heat the remaining 20g butter in a frying pan and brown the galettes for about 5 mins.
- Serve with a side dish such as a green salad. You can also cut the polenta into small cubes and serve them warm as an appetizer.
Bon appétit !
Accompaniments for Reblochon :